Crowdcube is looking for an Associate to join its Capital Markets team, with a focus on driving deal origination, structuring and execution for our new IPO and Capital Markets business.
While your primary responsibility will be to the IPO business, as an early team hire you will be expected to contribute across other verticals within the Capital Markets business, including Secondaries. You will also be expected to assist with the definition and delivery of certain other strategic and operational priorities within the team.
This is an opportunity for someone with a passion for the democratisation of investment to come in at the ground floor of a new, fast-growing and ambitious team within the broader Crowdcube business where you will be at the forefront of the disruption of European capital markets. You will be comfortable working both independently and as part of a team within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment across multiple projects and functions. You should possess excellent communication and presentation skills, as you will be expected to manage relationships with some of the highest profile founders, executives and advisors in the UK and Europe.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, gives everyday investors the opportunity to back Europe's most exciting high-growth businesses. Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Brewdog, Citymapper, Curve, Freetrade, Monzo, Revolut and what3words. Through our investor community of over 1.2 million people across 126 countries, Crowdcube has invested over £1bn+ and was named the UK’s most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by a mission to democratise investment and an unshakeable belief in entrepreneurship. We aim to help fuel the next generation of businesses who want to leave a mark on the world with investment from the people they serve. Having become the European leader in democratising primary private equity, our Capital Markets team has been formed to expand our platform to the private secondaries, IPO and broader public markets.
What you will be doing:
We are searching for an individual with the capacity to:
a) originate IPO transactions for Europe’s best and highest-profile growth companies, as well as direct listings and secondaries,
b) structure and oversee the execution of said transactions, and
c) contribute to the strategy, operations, and growth of the Capital Markets Team.
While your primary responsibility will be for our IPO business, as an early team hire you will be expected to assist in defining and growing the broader team as revenue grows.
Day to day you will:
- Identify, pitch, structure and manage IPO transactions end-to-end, working closely with cross functional teams to optimize experience for the client
- Build relationships with institutional investors, investment banks, advisors, lawyers and accountants
- Build long term relationships with the very best private companies, individuals (founders, executives, early hires) to early stage VC and accelerators,
- Develop best-in-class operational processes to automate, sync and scale client engagement
- Handle due diligence and analysis of potential transactions, while overseeing and continually enhancing the execution process
- Develop market research and thought leadership, internal and external analysis and ad-hoc reports associated with the IPO and Secondaries markets,
Ideally you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 2 years of work experience or MBA degree with relevant experience
- Investment banking or equivalent experience; in particular of buy-side and/or sell-side M&A, and/or equity capital markets transactions
- Experience with due-diligence and transaction execution processes,
- Financial modelling skills and experience of maintaining operating models
- Experience of researching, preparing and maintaining industry/company presentations and other process documents
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
And you will have:
- Undergraduate Degree in Economics / Finance / Business / Accounting or related
- A strong and inherent work ethic, motivation level, and attention to detail
- Entrepreneurial qualities, including integrity, initiative and leadership skills
- Capacity to interact and build relationships with a diverse range of people
- Ability to work flexibly as part of multiple teams and autonomously
- Ability to juggle changing priorities and a varied workload
- Comfort with long and complex sales cycles / transactions
- A natural enjoyment in finding creative solutions
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- Competitive Salary + Bonus
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.