We are hiring a Manual QA Engineer to join our talented engineering team. We’re going through an exciting growth period enabling great businesses to succeed through equity crowdfunding, and as a Software Engineer at Crowdcube, you have the opportunity to help define and shape that experience for entrepreneurs and investors alike.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What we stand for:
We believe in a culture of curiosity. We love new thinking and big ideas that challenge the status quo. We know success is rarely free; it’s hard-fought and a struggle that often requires grit, tenacity and hard work. We value the power of people and know that we’re stronger together. We adore ambition, whatever it may be, to make a difference, to have an impact.
We’re on the hunt for talented individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit. Are you with us?
What you will be doing:
Day to day you will:
- Create test documentation and test plans
- Requirements gathering & mapping
- Provide test analysis, defect management
- Build test scenarios to fully test both sunny day and negative scenarios
Ideally you will have:
- Experience performing website QA
- Experience performing iOS and Android QA;
- Experience with API testing;
- Strong knowledge of different testing methodologies, testing types and testing techniques
- Knowledge in producing key test activities (requirements gathering, test plans, test reports)
- Understanding a bug's lifecycle
- Experience writing and working with test case documentation (STD)
- Experience with a bug tracking tool
- Understanding of Version Control (TFS, Git etc)
- Good understanding of SDLC
- A user/customer-focused approach
- Familiar with the Atlassian JIRA suite
And you are:
- An excellent communicator, who actively listens and shows empathy, with an ability to influence both technical and non-technical audiences
- Open-minded and comfortable questioning the status quo, coming up with new solutions and considerate of others'
- Enthusiastic and positive, with a bias to action
- A team player! We're all in this together so be supportive and understanding
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences, subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £20-35k DOE
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Life Assurance Scheme
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on and monthly All Hands
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.