We’re looking for a Product Designer with a creative flair, a sharp eye for detail, and a real desire to develop new skills to join our team in Exeter or Cardiff. You'll be joining the team at an exciting time of growth at Crowdcube, one of the UK's leading FinTechs. If you're motivated to empower businesses to change the world and make investing accessible and rewarding for everyone then we want to hear from you.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
As a Product Designer at Crowdcube, reporting to our Head of Design, your goal will be to create designs from initial concept all the way through to completion across our mobile app, website, social channels, and print. It’s an opportunity to apply design principles to the development of real-world products in an industry-leading technology startup!
Day to day you will:
- Participate in various design projects from concept to completion
- Collaborate with the Product and Engineering teams on engaging drafts, prototypes and design solutions for our app and website
- Contribute to the development of our web identity and visualise new pages
- Work with the Front-End team to implement your designs into the live website.
- Listen to feedback to hone skills and improve design
- Deliver visual assets for Crowcube’s social presence, blog, and digital marketing campaigns
- Design presentations to empower our Business Development team
- Work to Crowdcube’s brand guidelines and update when necessary
- Visualise Crowdcube data with Infographics
Ideally you will have:
- Have experience in building Web & App products
- Have working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign.
- Have a degree in Graphic / Web Design or equivalent
- Have design experience gained either in-house or studio
- Have a good understanding of the principles of typography
- Be in touch with the latest design trends
- Be passionate about creating stunning visuals
- Have experience working in an agile environment
- Provide a link to your portfolio
- Have experience working with Figma
We use UXPin as our design and prototyping tool for Web and App, so basic working knowledge will be beneficial but not essential.
And you will be:
- A creative individual with strong attention to detail, you come up with new and engaging designs and ideas, with an ability to identify a problem and make suggestions to tackle it.
- Have a bias to action, with energy for things that are challenging but that will be incredibly rewarding when done.
- A curious and inquisitive person with a desire to learn and work outside your comfort zone.
- Great at prioritising your work and managing a diverse workload with tight deadlines.
- A strong communicator who can present ideas to internal and external parties clearly, with an ability to collaborate well with others and build strong relationships across multiple teams.
- Humble, happy to admit when you are wrong, valuing the views and opinions of others, and having empathy for the different stakeholders involved.
- Passionate about putting the user needs first and validating data and customer research to back up your design thinking.
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £25-30K DOE
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.