We are looking for an Accounts Assistant to join our team in Exeter. We are a fast-paced business so need someone who offers great Excel skills and even better organisation skills. This role cannot be undertaken remotely as there is a regular requirement to attend the Exeter office.
Who we are:
As a leading European retail investment marketplace, Crowdcube raises finance for Europe's hottest high-growth businesses by giving investors the opportunity to back businesses they believe in. Having amassed an investor community of over 1 million people, which has funded over 1,000 businesses, Crowdcube was named the most active investor in private equity in 2020.
Crowdcube was inspired by an unshakable belief in entrepreneurs that dream big, push at the edges and want to make a difference. Our mission is to democratise investment, helping to fuel the next generation of business who want to leave a mark on the world.
Since founding in 2011, we’ve successfully funded over 1,000 campaigns with brands from across the globe, such as Monzo, Brewdog, Grind, Cowboy, Mintos and what3words.
What you will be doing:
Reporting directly to our Finance Manager, you will support the Finance team in day to day operations & get involved in improving our processes.
Day to day you will get involved with:
- Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable transaction entry into Xero accounting system
- Debtors chasing
- General finance administrative support
- Filing, printing and archiving
- Supporting the wider Finance Team
Ideally you will have:
- Prior experience of working within a finance team
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Basic accounting database experience, we use Xero.
- Excel skills
- Previous data entry experience
- A great communicator and team player
- Eager to learn and demonstrate initiative
What we are offering:
We like to nurture talent and ensure members of our team develop and hone their skills through training, attending conferences and subscriptions to online courses. We’re passionate and hard-working, and we take care of our team:
- £18,000 - £22,000 DOE
- Participation in the employee share option plan (subject to the prevailing company policy at the time)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays + holiday for tenure
- Pension Scheme at 4% matched (UK Residents Only)
- Private Medical Scheme with AXA including dental and optical cash plans
- Access to Healing Clouds, a mental health platform
- Life Assurance Scheme (4 x salary)
- Access to Sunlight - a learning & development platform with a £1000 training and wellness budget per year
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Weekly demos to show what we're working on, monthly team meetings
- Company perks such as fruit, snacks, fitness classes and weekly office beers
- Company outings and activities (previous fun included a trip to a gin distillery, karaoke, charity football match, Square Mile Relay, bowling and a day at River Cottage)
Our interview process typically consists of an initial phone screen, an interview with the hiring manager and a task, followed by a final interview with other members of the team. There aren't any trick questions and the task will typically be based on a real scenario the team have worked on.
Our policy is to employ the best-qualified people and provide equal opportunity for the advancement of employees including promotion and training and not to discriminate against any person because of gender, race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or disability.
We are a flexible workplace. Cuber Choice enables Cubers and future Cubers to do their best work, in whatever way is best for them and the business. We commit to treating all employees equally, whether they are home or office-based. We do not reward presenteeism but focus on impact. Employees may choose a different work schedule to meet personal or family needs. This includes early finishes, late starts, selecting your own working hours, and you may also choose to split your time between home and office.